Fussy Eating – How to Prevent and Overcome
2 hrs | $60pp
If you are struggling with a fussy eater, you are not alone. Around 80% of the parents or caregivers I see in my practice are battling to increase the variety and quality of foods in their children’s diet. In fact, nearly half of toddlers can be classified as fussy eaters.
Parents often spend an enormous amount of energy trying to get their children to eat against their will. Mealtimes, however, should not be a battlefield, and as parents, our focus should be on encouraging them to enjoy a variety of different flavours and textures right from the word go, and supporting them to make healthy food choices of their own.
This workshop provides effective strategies on how fussy eaters can be tempted to try new foods, and also how best to deal with food refusal. It examines the underlying causes that give rise to fussy eating and focuses on strategies that can help overcome this common issue. Practical advice centred on how to get them to eat more vegetables, protein and healthy food choices, food desensitisation and behavioural change techniques at mealtimes are also covered.
Participants will receive the Wholesome Child Fussy Eating Guidelines and plenty of nutritious protein and veggie-loaded recipes specifically designed for fussy eaters.
Workshop Quick Glance:
- Fussy eaters vs. Problem feeders – understanding the difference
- Techniques to overcome fussy eating
- Nutritional causes of fussy eating
- Taste, texture and sensory issues
- Food preferences and how to shape them
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Simple swaps to reduce sugar and sodium-filled foods
- Vegetable and protein loaded recipes for school lunchboxes, snacks, breakfast and main meals
- Product display with best staples for fussy eaters
- Wholesome Child shopping guide